YOUTH WELLNESS RESOURCES FROM SOUTH BAY FAMILIES CONNECTED:
- For social-emotional support during this time when our families are struggling with loss on many different levels, we encourage you to visit our Coping with Grief page for insight and resources.
- To help bring down the stress level in your home during distance learning, we invite you to check out the resources on our updated Coronavirus Support page and Mindfulness Parenting page.
- To support your teens with education and inspiration that will help them stave off drug and alcohol use, please visit our newly updated Vaping Facts for Teens Page and Opioid Awareness Page. Here are some recommended activities to empower you and your teens:
- Watch the full video of our Vaping Prevention Tour with Alex Gray given at schools throughout the South Bay in 2019, including RUHS, with your teen and discuss the facts shared on the page.
- Watch the Opioid Prevention videos together and alert your teens to the trending issue of fentanyl and overdoses.
- Visit the SBFC Virtual Teen Center, a resource created by teens for teens, for information and videos to help youth connect and de-stress in healthy ways as we stay safer at home. Here is a link to the video page at the Teen center: https://www.southbayfamiliesconnected.org/event-videos
- If you are a parent or guardian looking to connect with support and information, please join us at our free weekly Families Connected Parent Chat provided in partnership with Beach Cities Health District. The group is moderated by Dr. Moe Gelbart of the Thelma McMillen Recovery Center and focuses on various social-emotional wellness topics. Please visit the SBFC Virtual Events page for details.
- Please visit our own RBUSD Families Connected for additional resources and information.
BCHD NEWSLETTER – Contains great resources on a range of topics, including: How to Battle Pandemic Fatigue. Virtual Cooking Show, Mindfulness Drop Ins, Mental Health and Happiness Series
How to Overcome Procrastination workshop, Parent Chat, Free online Exercise Classes
COVID RESOURCES FROM BEACH CITIES HEALTH DISTRICT:
BCHD Helpful Links:
For more information about COVID-19, visit the links below:
CHECK OUT THE TEEN PROGRAM PUT OUT BY THE VOLUNTEER CENTER OF SOUTH BAY/LONG BEACH (BASED IN OLD TOWN TORRANCE):
The Volunteer Center’s CONNECT program serves the greatest good for teens who need coping strategies and outlet to connect with other teens feeling a similar sense of anxiety or isolation that’s been exacerbated by the pandemic. The program led by a licensed therapist experienced with teens will use multiple modalities such as group talk, art, journaling, and possible outdoor activities with social distance to help the teens connect to who their authentic selves and to other teens.
OTHER USEFUL LINKS:
NATIONAL PTA SITE